History and Territory
- 1930 – The Témiscaming private hospital is founded by the Canadian International Paper Company (CIP). Emergency and basic care services, including surgery and obstetrics, are made available to the general public.
- 1972 – The hospital on Thorne Avenue is sold to a new legally constituted corporation, becoming a public institution with its own governing body and its own government budget.
- 1977 – The CH de Témiscaming changes its name to the CLSC CH de Témiscaming, shifting towards prevention and social and community services. Surgical services and obstetric care are abolished.
- 1986 – The corporate name of the CLSC-CH de Témiscaming is further modified; the institution is renamed the CENTRE DE SANTÉ DE TÉMISCAMING. This decidedly strengthens the mission of the institution as a community and hospital services centre.
- 2005 - In the wake of Minister Couillard's Reform, the real nature of the local health network is recognized and the institution is given the status of CENTRE DE SANTÉ ET DE SERVICES SOCIAUX DE TÉMISCAMING-ET-DE-KIPAWA.
- 2011 - On June 2nd, as a result of the merger between the two Health and Social Services Establishments of the Témiscamingue territory, our name changed to CENTRE DE SANTÉ ET DE SERVICES SOCIAUX DU TÉMISCAMINGUE (Pavillon Témiscaming-Kipawa).
The CSSSTK is an innovative institution located in the city of Témiscaming, along the banks of Lake Témiscamingue, and at the junction of the Ottawa River separating Quebec and Ontario. Témiscaming is part of the Témiscamingue riding. It is located close to North Bay (64 km) and is 257 km south of Rouyn-Noranda. Outdoor tourism and forest-related industries are the two main sources of activity of its region.
The institution provides CH, CLSC, and CHSLD services to a population of 3,700 (French, English, and Aboriginals). It has been certified with the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation (CCSHA) since 1997 and a Family Medicine Group (FMG) has been an integral part of the institution since November 2003.